Comparing WooCommerce vs Shopify for your online store is like comparing apples and oranges.
Both are eCommerce platforms but differ in many ways.
Below I’m going to compare WooCommerce vs Shopify.
Choose WooCommerce if:
- you are tech savvy (or one of your team members is)
- you want maximum design and functionality options
- you are wanting to add eCommerce functionality to an existing WordPress website
- You want more control when optimising your website for Google
- You don’t mind maintaining the website yourself including software and security updates
Choose Shopify if:
- You aren’t that tech savvy or you just prefer everything to be simpler and easier
- You don’t mind having less control over design and functionality of your website
- You are building an online store
- You don’t mind having less control over optimising your online store for Google
- You want all website maintenance and security updates taken care of by Shopify
Still can’t decide? Take my quiz to find your ideal eCommerce platform.